Wednesday, February 10, 2010

I feel loved when.....

Here is a question for you.

I feel loved when.....

Last night for our Relief Society Activity we talked about the 5 Love Languages.

*Words of Affirmation
*Quality Time
*Receiving Gifts
*Acts of Service
*Physical Touch

I found it very interesting. We all feel loved in different ways. Some like to be told I love you, others like spending time with someone, or gettting gifts from someone, or even having someone help do something as simple as taking out the trash for them, and some feel loved by touch: holding hands, kissing, hugging, etc.

Some of us are even bilingual we might have two or three of these LOVE LANGUAGES.

Tonight I asked my little family this question. Not one answer was the same. It is interesting to see the differences. I am excited to try and focus on each individuals LOVE LANGUAGE. So each one in my family feels my love for them. It is very important to feel loved and valued. If we do not feel loved we might turn to things that do make us feel loved and they might not be good things.(I think for teenagers especially)

I think too that we tend to show our love to others they way we want to be loved. Not always but maybe sometimes.

You can go to this website and take a quiz to see what your LOVE LANGUAGE is. http://www.5lovelanguages.com/assessments/ I took the personl profiles test. It takes about 10 minutes. My results were a mix of all of them but my main one was Quality Time. I do love spending quality time with people with no distractions.

I really learned a lot from that little class last night and hope you might learn some things as well. :0) I would love to here some feed back if you take the Quiz.

5 comments:

Jillo said...

So instead of sleeping like a responsible person should be doing, I took the quiz!
Same as you, I am a quality timer, but a close second is words of affirmation. I am kinda sad I missed that last night. It sounds like it could have been very interesting.

Brittni Schroeder Photography said...

That is one of my favorite books.

Shafferprincess said...

Mine is physical contact - and it's true. I love to hug or have my arm around, or have Brandon have is arm around me. I get a lot out of physical contact. :)

Jimi said...

I love that book, I read it a couple years ago, and now we are in marriage counseling and our counselor has told us to read it together. I think it's very helpful, even with your kids, because they have different love languages too and it helps you understand them too.

Amber said...

Van and I read that book. I was like you, a mix but my main one was quality time. I really like that book. That's a fun relief society activity!