Monday, January 26, 2009

Newport Beach trip with the Nielson's

We just got back from a trip to Newport Beach. We were gone for 9 days and we had so much fun. The first day we got there we had my brother David (he lives in LA)take us on a tour of the LA, Hollywood area. It was so fun we saw so many fun sights, we went to Rodeo Dr. in Beverly Hills, the Santa Monica Pier, we drove past the LA Temple, we went pretty much everywhere. It was so much fun. The rest of the trip we stayed in Newport Beach. We went to Huntington Beach twice, Laguna Beach twice, the actual beach in Newport Beach once, and Disneyland three days. We had such a great time the weather was between 70 and 80 the whole time except for the last day it rained and we spent that day in Disneyland before we flew home. We couldn't ask for better weather, we had so much fun spending time with Ryan's family. We also had Will's 1st Birthday down there. Oh, and our trip would not be complete with out a couple of trips to Jack's Surf Shop. We go there everytime we go to California and we have to buy Jack's t-shirts. We have dozens of them.
This is us on Rodeo Dr.
We are up on Mulholland Dr. and the Hollywood sign is behind us.
Sam and Jack with the city behind them.
The Santa Monica Pier
The kids and I with David out on the pier.
We rode the Subway down to Hollywood and Highland that is where the Kodak Theatre is.We were on the top floor of the Kodak Theatre where they have some of the fancy Hollywood Parties.
Ryan and Will in front of the Kodak Theatre
Sam and Jack in front of the Grauman's Chinese Theatre. They are on the Harry Potter Square.

Will & I at Huntington Beach
Ryan and the kids at Huntington Beach.
I love this picture you can see Will's reflection.
Grandpa Mike & Russell at the condo.
Will with Grandma Tina at Huntington Beach
All of the boys.
Brandon & Dena
The kids playing in the sand.
Our little family.
Laguna Beach
Ryan and Will at Laguna Beach
Will at Laguna Beach
Sam at Laguna Beach
Will at Laguna Beach
Jack at Laguna Beach
The kids at Laguna Beach
Our fam with the sun in our eyes and me not paying attention.
Grandpa and Grandma with Will and Jack in front of the Winnie the Pooh ride. Oh ya Jack wore his hoodie, hood on and everything for 2 full days at Disneyland and pretty much half of the trip he is a funny little guy.
Jack had to do everything with Ashton. Jack reminds us so much of Ashton, they even dressed alike that day.
Sam, Will & I at Disney's California.
Ashton, Ryan and Will at Laguna Beach.
We kind of buried the kids at Laguna Beach.

I am ready to plan another trip, anyone want to go?

13 comments:

Darla said...

Yes! Me Please! I am a Disneyland girl!

Kim said...

I want to go!!! I'll just hang out at the beach while you take Darla to Disneyland though. Looks like you had so much fun.

Wilson Family said...

I would really like to go to Disneyland! I would even go with the in-laws right now.:) Looks like you had a fun time. I love the beach too, but not as much as Disneyland! I am considering becoming a worker there!

Bryan and Jessica said...

that sounds so fun! i wanna go! disneyland is so fun and newport beach is so pretty! i am glad you guys had a good time! =)

Jill said...

after seeing the beautiful weather, I'm in!! We love Disney land too! Glad you had a fun time.

Jillo said...

This looks like such a great trip. I am totally jealous of the 80 degrees. I am glad you had so much fun.

Shafferprincess said...

That looks like a lot of fun - I could use me some warm weather, too! :)

Jimi said...

I'm glad that you guys had a good time, I am very jealous!!!

BTW it looks like Will really enjoyed his cake!!!

Courtnie said...

It looks beautiful there! I haven't been to Disneyland before, and what a pity cuz it always looks awesome! Someday...

Bean said...

We'd love to go on a trip with you guys!!!!! Just let us know.

*bR!@nN3* said...

hey cute pictures:)
<3 Brianne

Jill said...

We LOVE Newport! Looks like so much fun!

Amber said...

I love all your pictures! What a cute family!