Thursday, January 8, 2009

Review of 2008

Wow what a year 2008 was. We started off the year with a few unexpected surprises. Will decided to come 3 weeks early, it was great for me because I was sick the whole time. My due date was Feb 4th or 5th I can't remember but he came on January 18th. What a sweet baby, he has brought so much joy and happiness into our home. Sam and Jack both love him to death.

On Super Bowl Sunday we went to our friends to watch the game, Will was 2 weeks at the time. When we go home Ryan's truck had been stolen along with all of his work tools that were in his truck box, and our door to our house had been kicked in. Tons of stuff was stolen, my poor kids were terrified. They slept on our floor for about 3 weeks it totally freaked them out. They are still scared sometimes. When we went in the house to see what was taken Jack looked in the pantry and said "at least the robber didn't take our cereal and at least the robber didn't take our pudding" so cute. It just makes you so mad and you feel so violated. That night Will also got really sick. He came very close to getting RSV, I had to watch him night and day, but luckily he didn't get it. A couple weeks later they found Ryan's truck it was totally stripped. Let me tell you working with insurance is a pain in the butt. We had to deal with our home owners and our auto. It was a pain but after paying our wonderful deductibles we got everything taken care of.

A couple of weeks after our house got broke into Ryan had an appointment with the Stake President and I had to be there, :0( got to love those appointments. Ryan got put in the Bishopric. The Sunday they put him in we decided to bless Will because our parents were already coming up. But we didn't decide this until 5:00 the day before. I had to make a mad dash to Costco before they closed to get some food, call the rest of our family, and I didn't have a blessing outfit. Everything was closed by the time I realize I needed an outfit. A friend of ours owns White Elegance and she met me at one of her stores and open it so I could get a blessing outfit. So the first month and half of 2008 was very emotional. I was not looking forward to taking my 3 little boys to church by myself. Jack was where I was most concerned he is kind of a challenge. But he has done so good. When I would have to go feed Will, Sam and Jack would just sit so good all by themselves. I was definitely being blessed.

The rest of the year was pretty mellow we went on some fun camping trips, and spent time with family. Then in the end of September Ryan decided he was going to start another business. We spent the end of the year setting up a new business, getting financing (when the economy was not good, which was a pain in the butt), and learning a new product. And also taking over the business he already was part owner in. His business partner left just after Thanksgiving. So he has been shuffling his time with both business, and a crazy church schedule. It has been crazy, scary, and emotional year. But we would not change it for anything we have learned so much through all of these experiences it has brought our little family so much closer, and we were bless with a wonderful baby boy.

I am looking forward to a new year that will hopefully be a little less emotional, but full of great experiences.

9 comments:

Kim said...

Wow Mel! So crazy. I can totally relate to the part where you had to go meet with the stake presidency. Not the best news to hear! And sitting alone in sacrament w/ your kiddos. Sounds like a crazy first few months of you year.

Darla said...

What a funny boy! I'm glad they didn't take your cereal and pudding too!! It's always good to have challenges behind us!

Wilson Family said...

You are a trooper. At least you would have something to eat for breakfast! I love when kids say things like that. It makes the challenges a little easier to take.

Karina said...

I remember when I was a kid, coming back from a camping trip, our house was robbed also and the feeling I had even at such a young age of seeing all of our things all over the floor was terrible. But I like Jack's positive thinking, count your blessings where you can.

Shafferprincess said...

Wow, Mel! What a crazy first half of your year! I had no idea that your house was broken into. Yikes! That's scary! Glad Jack found the good in it, though!

Bean said...

Mel, it's fun to read about your year. Hope all is well with you guys. We are doing well. Greg is keeping busy, and we found out that, (not planned) we are expecting another baby on July 2nd. Takota will also be baptized that same week. Quinn and Nolean are moving up here in June, same with Jason and his wife, and probably Tammie. We really need to come and visit you guys. Some day, when life gets less hectic I guess....I'm hoping it does.

Shafferprincess said...

Oh, I forgot to ask - did the police ever find out who broke into your house? You seem to be unlucky that way - I remember when somebody broke into your apartment in Taylorsville, too. Yikes!

Here's to a less stressful, less emotional and scary New Year! :)

Melanie said...

No they never found out who broke in, you know they never really tried pretty pathetic. Ya when we lived in Taylorsville our apt, and Explorer got broken into at different times. But we knew who the perv was that broke into our apt. He stole my bra's sick huh.

Courtnie said...

Wow what a year! Where are you living now anyway?