Saturday, November 1, 2008

90th Birthday Party

On Wednesday the 29th my Grandma Helen turned 90 I can't believe it and she is still in such good health. I called her Wednesday night to wish her a happy birthday and she said it was the best birthday she has had she got flowers, tons of cards, phone calls, lots of visitors, and her very 1st Helium Balloon. Can you believe it she is 90 and she has never had a helium balloon it made her so happy to get one. Tonight we had a birthday party for her it was great. She didn't want to have a party she just wanted to go out to dinner, I bet she is glad she got talked into having a party. All of her kids, most of her grandkids, and some of her nieces and nephews were there it was great. She is such a great woman. During the party they wanted us to get up and tell one of our best memories of grandma and I requested that she sing the pig song. It is a song that she sang to us all growing up it is quite the song. She wanted some help singing so my Aunt Charlotte, Aunt Sherie(They are Twins), and Luke all helped her sing.

I wanted to get a picture taken of Grandma, my dad, me, and Will because we are all 30 years apart. My grandma was born in 1918, my dad was born in 1948, I was born in 1978, and Will was born in 2008. So Grandma turned 90, my dad turned 60 earlier this year, and I turn 30 this year, and Will was born this year. I think it is pretty neat. She is such a cute grandma.

3 comments:

Darla said...

Oh! You are so lucky to still have a grandma! I wish I did! And....welcome to the thirties! YES!! it's awsome! haha!

Jill said...

What a sweet Grandma. You ARE lucky to have a Grandma. Not many children get to know their Great Grandma. I admire your family. It seems like you are always doing things together and really value your time together.. Good for you! Buy your Grandma a dozen ballons for her 91st. :-)

Sally said...

That is going to be a picture you will share forever with people! That is so cool that you are all 30 yrs apart!